The Connection Between Endometriosis and Cancer
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: June 2018
- Kokcu A. Relationship between endometriosis and cancer from current perspective. Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics. December 2011; 284(6), 1473-9.
- Ferrandina G, Palluzzi E, Fanfani F, et al. Endometriosis-associated clear cell carcinoma arising in caesarean section scar: a case report and review of the literature. World J Surg Oncol. 3 Dec 2016; 14, 300. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5135835/. Accessed March 30, 2018.
- Vercellini P, Somigliana E, Buggio L, Bolis G, Fedele L. Endometriosis and ovarian cancer. The Lancet: Oncology. May 2012; 13(5), e188-9.
- Tanase Y, Furukawa N, Kobayashi H, Matsumoto T. Malignant transformation from endometriosis to atypical endometriosis and finally to endometrioid adenocarcinoma within 10 years. Case Reports in Oncology. Sept 2013; 6, 480-4. Available from: https://www.karger.com/Article/Fulltext/355282. Accessed March 30, 2018.
- Terada T. Endometrioid adenocarcinoma of the ovary arising in atypical endometriosis. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 20 Oct 2012; 5(9), 924-7. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3484489/. Accessed March 30, 2018.
- Krawcyzk N, Banys-Paluchowski M, Schmidt D, Ulrich U, Fehm T. Endometriosis-associated malignancy. Geburtshilfe und Frauenheilkunde (English Print). Feb 2016; 76(2), 176-81. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4771509/. Accessed March 30, 2018.
- Kvaskoff M, Horne AW, Missmer SA. Informing women with endometriosis about ovarian cancer risk. The Lancet. 2 Dec 2017; 390(10111), 2433-4. Available from: http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(17)33049-0/fulltext. Accessed March 30, 2018.
- Cancer Prevention: 7 Tips to Reduce Your Risk. Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/in-depth/cancer-prevention/art-20044816. Published November 29, 2017. Accessed March 30, 2018.