caret icon Back to all discussions

Insurance Questions

Hello! I have a very limited insurance and was wondering what could be done if the insurance won't cover appointments to see a specialist. Are there any other options for payment or financial aid, even if someone has to go out of state to see a doctor? Any help would be appreciated!

  1. Hi , it can be really stressful to have limited insurance especially when it comes to treating endometriosis. You aren't alone there at all. Unfortunately, this is a question that comes up often. I am including a link to an article that we ran that has a bunch of options and resources to look to try and get some financial assistance. I really hope it helps: I am going to also call out this particular section of the article that might be particularly helpful: Community health centers: These clinics offer low- or no-cost healthcare services and referrals to specialized care. Search online for the center nearest you or go to Hopefully, other community members will chime in and give you their thoughts as well. Sending you lots of love. 💛 Kayleigh, team

    1. I'll definitely look into this. A few days ago I called an out of state specialist, but due to my insurance, they couldn't take me. The search continues. Although, I will say that I believe that medical insurance is one of the greatest scams in human history! Thank you so much for the information! I really appreciate this forum. You guys have been so great!

  2. Have you checked to see if your insurance offers a medical social worker? I have one and she has been invaluable in helping me investigate options and she tells me about services I didn't even know existed. The fact that we have to jump through so many hoops to get the care we need is so frustrating. I'll be thinking of you. ~Katrina, Advocate

    1. Thank you for this information. I'll give it a try. Although I have a feeling that I will be spending sometime yelling, "Representative!" at a robot. LOL

    2. Hahaha, I hope not, but you're probably right.

or create an account to reply.