Back to all discussions

HRT at 34?

Can someone please advise how they got diagnosed with endemetriosis?
I had a video consultation yesterday with a consultant and told her all my symptoms and history. She said I have the symptoms of endemetriosis and she wants to start me on HRT straight away. I am baffled how they can start me on a medication like this without an examination?
Any advice is welcome, x

  1. Hi there , so sorry to hear this! So, a lot of doctors offer medicine first, to 'see' if it helps with symptoms. I know one of my doctors wanted to do this before I was officially diagnosed. Because of the side effects of the medicine, I told them absolutely not and went and got different opinions. Unfortunately, the only official way to diagnose endometriosis is through surgery. I would consider getting another opinion before starting HRT, if starting this is something you really do not want to do. You can try reaching out to an endometriosis specialist. They may be of more help to you! (if you are not on Nancy's Nook- a FB group- I recommend checking them out. They list specialists in your specific location and surrounding areas.) Hope this is helpful. If you have any other questions, do reach out. We are here for you! -Kimberli (Team Member)

    or create an account to reply.