So many cereals, even the 'healthy' ones, have a really high sugar content per serving. Whilst this is fine every now and again, it's not how you want to start your day. Sugary cereal can lead to blood sugar spikes, which can affect endometriosis symptoms such as pain, fatigue and hormonal imbalances.
This version below is very low in sugar, but if you'd like it a little sweeter, add some dried fruit. And for some extra decadence, why not add some cacao nibs or dark chocolate curls!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Ingredients for quinoa pops
- 100g/31⁄2 oz quinoa pops
- 25g/1 oz toasted almonds
- 65g/21⁄2 oz roasted hazelnuts
- 25g/1 oz hemp seeds
- 25g/1 oz toasted coconut flakes
- 15g/1⁄2 oz cacao nibs
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions for quinoa pops
- Combine all ingredients in an airtight container and mix well
- Serve with nut milk of your choice, and top with berries and yoghurt (optional)
- calories: 269
- fat: 18.3g
- protein: 8.9g
- sodium: 2mg
- sugar: 1.2g
Disclaimer: Endometriosis.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you taken our In America survey yet?