Chocolate and Almond Butter Tart (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
Last updated: March 2021
Whenever I fancy a comforting, seriously indulgent chocolate dessert, this is what I make. The dark chocolate goes perfectly with the creamy mixture. The base has a bit of a crispy bite, and it ends up tasting like a very familiar cookie brand. It has no added sugars and it's gluten-free. My tricky digestive system tolerates it quite happily, and every time I make this tart for others, they cannot believe it is vegan.
Check-out our recipes
Ingredients for chocolate and almond butter tart
For the base
- 170g ground almonds
- 3 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 100g gluten-free oats
- 3 tbsps maple syrup
- 1/2 tbs coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 80g dark chocolate, chopped into bits
For the filling
- 800g coconut cream
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 3 tbs almond butter
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 60g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
Directions for chocolate and almond butter tart
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a 23-cm tart tin.
- In a food processor, blitz the oats, ground almonds, cocoa powder, and salt. As it all blends, add the melted coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Spread the resulting dough into the greased tin, pressing it against the sides. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until you see the edges and bottom starting to brown.
- Remove the tin from the oven, and if needed, flatten the base with a spoon.
- Sprinkle the chocolate bits on the baked base before it cools. The chocolate will melt, so help it spread with a blunt knife. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat your coconut cream until it’s light and fluffy. Set aside.
- In the food processor, add the cocoa, almond butter, maple syrup, and blitz. Add this mixture to the coconut cream.
- Once the base has cooled down, spoon the creamy mixture into it. Top with the rest of the dark chocolate, generously.
- Place the tart in the fridge and try to forget about it for 2 hours. It won’t be easy, but trust me, it will only make it taste better.
- Slice, and serve on its own or paired with raspberries.
- calories: 572
- fat: 44.9g
- protein: 11.3g
- sodium: 104mg
- sugar: 21g
Disclaimer: Endometriosis.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Which symptoms are you experiencing the most this week? (Check all that apply):