How is Endometriosis Treated?
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: June 2019
- What Are NSAIDs? The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/treatment/what-are-nsaids/. Published January 2009. Accessed May 25, 2018.
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Noncontraceptive uses of hormonal contraceptives. Practice Bulletin, Clinical Management Guidelines for Obstetrician-Gynecologists. Jan 2010; 115(1), 206-218.
- What are the Treatments for Endometriosis? National Institutes of Health: Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. https://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/endometri/conditioninfo/treatment. Published January 31, 2017. Accessed May 5, 2018.
- Guo SW. Recurrence of endometriosis and its control. Hum Reprod Update. Jul-Aug 2009; 15(4), 441-61.
- Endometriosis: Recurrence and Surgical Management. Cleveland Clinic. https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/4551-endometriosis-recurrence--surgical-management. Published August 2014. Accessed May 5, 2018.
- Health Information: Laparoscopic Surgery for Endometriosis. University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics. https://www.uwhealth.org/health/topic/surgicaldetail/laparoscopic-surgery-for-endometriosis/hw101171.html. Published October 6, 2017. Accessed May 5, 2018.
- Laparotomy. Better Health Channel: Monash University. https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/laparotomy. Published August 2014. Accessed May 5, 2018.
- Hysterectomy. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. https://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Hysterectomy. Published March 2015. Accessed May 5, 2018.
- Uterine Nerve Ablation (UNA) and Presacral Neurectomy (PSN). Aetna. http://www.aetna.com/cpb/medical/data/700_799/0754.html. Published November 16, 2017. Accessed May 5, 2018.
- Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART). National Institutes of Health: Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. https://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/infertility/conditioninfo/treatments/art. Published January 31, 2017. Accessed May 15, 2018.
- What is Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART)? VARTA: Victorian Assisted Reproductive Treatment Authority. https://www.varta.org.au/sites/varta/files/What%20is%20assisted%20reproductive%20treatment%20(ART)%20-%20brochure.pdf. Accessed May 15, 2018.
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine. National Institutes of Health: National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam. Published April 10, 2015. Accessed May 20, 2018.