Surgery for Endometriosis Treatment
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: June 2018
- Guo SW. Recurrence of endometriosis and its control. Hum Reprod Update. Jul-Aug 2009; 15(4), 441-61.
- Endometriosis: Recurrence and Surgical Management. Cleveland Clinic. https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/4551-endometriosis-recurrence--surgical-management. Published August 2014. Accessed May 5, 2018.
- Health Information: Laparoscopic Surgery for Endometriosis. University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics. https://www.uwhealth.org/health/topic/surgicaldetail/laparoscopic-surgery-for-endometriosis/hw101171.html. Published October 6, 2017. Accessed May 5, 2018.
- Wood R. Surgery. Endometriosis.org. http://endometriosis.org/treatments/endometriosis-surgery/. Accessed May 5, 2018.
- Fulguration. NCI Dictionary of Cancer Terms. National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/publications/dictionaries/cancer-terms/def/fulguration. Accessed May 5, 2018.
- Laparotomy. Better Health Channel: Monash University. https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/laparotomy. Published August 2014. Accessed May 5, 2018.
- Women's Health-Laparotomy. Mater Mothers' Hospital. http://brochures.mater.org.au/brochures/mater-mothers-hospital/women-s-health-laparotomy. Published 2014. Accessed May 5, 2018.
- Laparoscopy Versus Laparotomy Surgeries. University of Colorado: Advanced Reproductive Medicine. https://arm.coloradowomenshealth.com/services/treatments/surgery/laparoscopy/detail. Accessed May 5, 2018.
- Hysterectomy. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. https://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Hysterectomy. Published March 2015. Accessed May 5, 2018.
- Rizk B, Fischer AS, Lotfy HA, et al. Recurrence of endometriosis after hysterectomy. Faces, Views, and Vision: Issues in Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproductive Health. 2014; 6(4), 219-27. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4286861/. Accessed May 5, 2018.
- Endometriosis: Should I Have a Hysterectomy and Oophorectomy? Michigan Medicine: University of Michigan. https://www.uofmhealth.org/health-library/tv7242. Published October 6, 2017. Accessed May 5, 2018.
- Uterine Nerve Ablation (UNA) and Presacral Neurectomy (PSN). Aetna. http://www.aetna.com/cpb/medical/data/700_799/0754.html. Published November 16, 2017. Accessed May 5, 2018.