Tomato risotto has become a staple in our household. Not only is it quick, it's also an easy way to get 1 of your 5 daily veg requirements in, and get children to eat vegetables they usually wouldn't touch!
It's also completely adaptable to most dietary requirements. This recipe is meat-free, but we like to add chicken in to ours - simply fry this with the onions and garlic until golden. It is also gluten-free as long as you use gluten free-stock. Finally, it can be dairy-free by either adding dairy-free cheese or completely missing this step, as it works equally well without it.
Prep and cook time: approx. 30 minutes
Ingredients for tomato risotto
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic (dependent on taste), either pressed, thinly sliced or, alternatively, you can use garlic puree
- 250g risotto rice
- 1 liter vegetable or chicken stock
- 500g passata
- 40g reduced fat cheddar cheese (or to taste), grated
Instructions for tomato risotto
- Fry the onion and garlic in a little oil until translucent.
- Add in the (dry) rice. Stir to coat in the oil, onion and garlic mixture and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the passata and stock, cover and leave on a low heat to reduce, stirring occasionally.
- When the liquid has reduced to a sauce like consistency and the rice is cooked, add the cheese, stir and serve.
This recipe has been adapted from a recipe by Mimi's Bowl.
- calories: 188
- fat: 9g
- protein: 5g
- sodium: 586g
- sugar: 8g
Disclaimer: Endometriosis.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you ever experienced any of the following symptoms?