Warm Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Salad
This is, by far, my favorite warm salad to make during the winter months. It is delicious and filling, full of nutrients, but also really easy to prepare and cook. Since it’s mostly roasted, everything caramelizes, including the walnuts. This results in a super comforting, moreish dish. It can be eaten by itself or served as a filler with warm pitta bread, and a good dollop of tahini. It is also as cheap as chips.
Ingredients for warm butternut squash and sweet potato salad
- 1 half butternut squash (or a pumpkin)
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 handfuls walnuts
- 140 g sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions for warm butternut squash and sweet potato salad
- Preheat your oven to 200-225 degrees Celsius (392 F).
- Peel and slice the sweet potato, then quarter each slice.
- Slice the squash, and cut it into small cubes. Personally, if I am roasting a squash I don’t peel it, since the skin softens beautifully when roasted, but this is entirely optional.
- Once the oven has heated to the right temperature, scatter the vegetables on a baking tray lined with non-stick roasting paper. Place in the middle of the oven, and roast for 15 minutes.
- After 15, minutes or when the veggies have softened, add the walnuts and roast for an extra 15 minutes.
- Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into small pieces, and set them aside.
- When the veggies and walnuts have browned slightly, bring them all out and serve. Add the pieces of sun-dried tomatoes, baby spinach leaves, crumbled feta, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with some of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes, or a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Dig in.
- calories: 517
- fat: 38.1g
- protein: 16g
- sodium: 941mg
- sugar: 13g
Disclaimer: Endometriosis.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Weird Endo Symptom: Have you ever experienced what felt like a vibration in your pelvic region?