Gluten-Free Spaghetti with Zucchini And Lemon
I have a complex relationship with pasta. While I love it to the moon and back, it does not love me back, at least not the wheat variety. Gluten-free versions can sometimes struggle to hold any sauce, or taste of anything remotely interesting, so I’ve had to up my game when cooking a bowl of pasta. This recipe has become my go-to in the last months. A zesty fresh lemon, and the right amount of salt, make this very humble plate a delicious winner. It’s zingy, but also super comforting.
My favorite bit about this dish is the fact that it is topped by the creamiest of cheeses. I generally choose a block of vegan cheese that crumbles easily and is soft in flavor. If you’re still eating dairy, goat cheese works wonderfully too.
Ingredients for gluten-free spaghetti with zucchini and lemon
Serves a very big bowl for one.
- 400g gluten-free spaghetti
- 400g zucchini1 teaspoon of garlic powder, or sliced garlic clove
- 2 tbsps of vegetable oil
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 tsp of parsley
- 50g vegan creamy cheese, or goat cheese, crumbled into pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions for gluten-free spaghetti with zucchini and lemon
- Grate the zucchini and set aside.
- Begin cooking the pasta.
- Heat up the oil in a wok, on a low heat. Add the garlic powder or sliced garlic clove. If you are using a clove of garlic, remove it once it’s browned.
- Add the zucchini to the garlic oil, a little at a time. Cook at a higher heat, until the zucchini has turned golden.
- Remove the wok from the heat, and set aside to cool for a few seconds.
- Add the lemon zest, juice, and parsley. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- When the pasta is done, before draining, set aside 2 tablespoons of the cooking water.
- Drain the pasta, and add it to the zucchini mixture, with the cooking water.
- Mix it all up until the pasta is sufficiently coated.
- Add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Plate up, top with your choice of crumbled cheese, and enjoy!
- calories: 2009
- fat: 53.8g
- protein: 66.6g
- sodium: 1464mg
- sugar: 16.9g
Disclaimer: Endometriosis.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you ever experienced any of the following symptoms?