I Eat Soy Every Day. Here’s What A Dietitian Said About It.
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Endometriosis.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Messina M. Soy and Health Update: Evaluation of the Clinical and Epidemiologic Literature. Nutrients. 2016;8(12):754. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5188409/. Accessed February 9, 2020.
- Mumford S, et al. Urinary Phytoestrogen Concentrations Are Not Associated with Incident Endometriosis in Premenopausal Women. The Journal of Nutrition. 2017;147(2):227-234. https://academic.oup.com/jn/article/147/2/227/4630423. Accessed February 9, 2020.
- Tsuchiya M, et al. Effect of soy isoflavones on endometriosis: interaction with estrogen receptor 2 gene polymorphism. Epidemiology. 2007;18(3):402-408. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17474167. Accessed February 9, 2020.
- Zhang G-Q, et al. Soy Intake Is Associated With Lower Endometrial Cancer Risk. Medicine (Baltimore). 2015;94(50). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5058928/. Accessed February 9, 2020.
- Zhong XS, et al. Association between Dietary Isoflavones in Soy and Legumes and Endometrial Cancer: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2018;118(4):637-651. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27914914. Accessed February 9, 2020.
- Upson K, et al. Early-life factors and endometriosis risk. Fertil Steril. 2015;104(4):964-971. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5328429/. Accessed February 9, 2020.
- Upson K, et al. Soy-based infant formula feeding and menstrual pain in a cohort of women aged 23-35 years. Hum Reprod. 2019;34(2):148-154. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30412246. Accessed February 9, 2020.
- Mvondo MA. Soy Intake Since the Prepubertal Age May Contribute to the Pathogenesis of Endometriosis in Adulthood. Journal of Medicinal Food. 2019;22(6). https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/full/10.1089/jmf.2018.0160. Accessed February 9, 2020.
- Innes JK. Omega-6 fatty acids and inflammation. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2018;132:41-48. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29610056. Accessed February 9, 2020.