How Living in The Mountains Adversely Affected My Immune System
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Endometriosis.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- San T, Polat S, Cingi C, Eskiizmir G, Oghan F, Cakir B. Effects of High Altitude on Sleep and Respiratory System and Theirs Adaptations. Scientific World Journal. 2013. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3654241/. Accessed October 24, 2018.
- Mazzeo RS. Altitude, exercise and immune function. Exerc Immunol Rev. 2005;11(6). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16385840. Accessed October 24, 2018.
- Eltzschig H, Carmeliet P. Hypoxia and Inflammation. N Engl J Med. 2011;364(7):656-665. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3930928/. Accessed October 24, 2018.
- Herington J, Bruner-Tran K, Lucas J, Osteen K. Immune interactions in endometriosis. Expert Rev Clin Immunol. 2011. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3204940/. Accessed October 24, 2018.
- Matalliotakis I, Cakmak H, Matalliotakis M, Kappou D, Arici A. High rate of allergies among women with endometriosis. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2012;32(3). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22369407. Accessed October 24, 2018.