Symptom of Endometriosis: Infertility and Pregnancy Complications
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: June 2018
- Schrager S, Falleroni J, Edgoose J. Evaluation and treatment of endometriosis. American Academic of Family Physicians. 2013; 87(2), 107-113. Available from: https://www.aafp.org/afp/2013/0115/p107.pdf. Accessed March 29, 2018.
- Practice Committee of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine. Endometriosis and infertility: A committee opinion. Fertil Steril. Sep 2012; 98(3), 591-8.
- European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology. Women with Endometriosis Need Special Care During Pregnancy to Avoid Risk of Premature Birth. EurekAlert: American Association for the Advancement of Science. https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2009-07/esfh-wwe063009.php. Published July 1, 2009. Accessed March 29, 2018.
- Maggiore ULR, Ferrero S, Mangili G, et al. A systematic review on endometriosis during pregnancy: diagnosis, misdiagnosis, complications and outcomes. Human Reproduction Update. 1 Jan 2016; 22(1), 70-103. Available from: https://academic.oup.com/humupd/article/22/1/70/2457880. Accessed March 29, 2018.
- Wood R, Guidone H, Hummelshoj L. Myths and misconceptions in endometriosis. Endometriosis.org. http://endometriosis.org/resources/articles/myths/. Accessed March 29, 2018.
- Petresin J, Wolf J, Emir S, Muller A, and Boosz AS. Endometriosis-associated maternal pregnancy complications-Case report and literature review. Geburtshilfe Frauenheilkd (English Print). Aug 2016; 76(8), 902-5. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4999325/. Accessed March 29, 2018.
- Maindiratta B, Lim BH. Pregnancy after endometriosis: A new challenge? BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 24 Jan 2017; 124(3). Available from: https://obgyn.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/1471-0528.13979. Accessed March 29, 2018.
- How is Infertility Diagnosed? National Institutes of Health: Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. https://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/infertility/conditioninfo/diagnosed. Published January 31, 2017. Accessed March 29, 2018.
- Female Infertility. Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/female-infertility/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20354313. Published March 8, 2018. Accessed March 29, 2018.
- Conditions Treated: Infertility. UCLA Health: Obstetrics and Gynecology. http://obgyn.ucla.edu/infertility. Accessed March 29, 2018.
- Pregnancy Complications. Office on Women's Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: Womenshealth.gov. https://www.womenshealth.gov/pregnancy/youre-pregnant-now-what/pregnancy-complications. Published February 9, 2018. Accessed March 29, 2018.
- Pregnancy Complications. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/maternalinfanthealth/pregcomplications.htm. Published June 17, 2016. Accessed March 29, 2018.