Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: June 2019
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Noncontraceptive uses of hormonal contraceptives. Practice Bulletin, Clinical Management Guidelines for Obstetrician-Gynecologists. Jan 2010; 115(1), 206-218.
- What are the Treatments for Endometriosis? National Institutes of Health: Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. https://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/endometri/conditioninfo/treatment. Published January 31, 2017. Accessed May 1, 2018.
- Endometriosis: Should I Use Hormone Therapy? Michigan Medicine: University of Michigan. https://www.uofmhealth.org/health-library/tv7240. Published October 6, 2017. Accessed May 1, 2018.
- Progestin-Only Hormonal Birth Control: Pill and Injection. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. https://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Progestin-Only-Hormonal-Birth-Control-Pill-and-Injection. Published March 2018. Accessed May 1, 2018.
- Kennedy S, Bergqvist A, Chapron C, et al. ESHRE guideline for the diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis. Human Reproduction. 1 Oct 2005; 20(10), 2698-2704.
- Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) Prescribing Information. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2008/016954s101lbl.pdf. Published 2008. Accessed May 1, 2018.
- Depo-Provera Prescribing Information. Pfizer: Pharmacia & Upjohn Co. http://labeling.pfizer.com/ShowLabeling.aspx?id=522. Published January 2017. Accessed May 1, 2018.