Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: January 2019
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Noncontraceptive uses of hormonal contraceptives. Practice Bulletin, Clinical Management Guidelines for Obstetrician-Gynecologists. Jan 2010; 115(1), 206-218.
- What are the Treatments for Endometriosis? National Institutes of Health: Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. https://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/endometri/conditioninfo/treatment. Published January 31, 2017. Accessed May 1, 2018.
- Progestin-Only Hormonal Birth Control: Pill and Injection. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. https://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Progestin-Only-Hormonal-Birth-Control-Pill-and-Injection. Published March 2018. Accessed May 1, 2018.
- Barbieri, RL. A Novel Oral GnRH Antagonist for Managing Endometriosis Pain. Available at: https://www.jwatch.org/na44187/2017/06/02/novel-oral-gnrh-antagonist-managing-endometriosis-pain. Accessed 2.27.19
- GnRH Receptor antagonists. Available at: https://endometriosisnews.com/hormonal-therapy/gnrh-receptor-antagonists/. Accessed 2.27.19
- Huime, JA, Lambalk, CB. Gonadotropin-releasing-hormone-receptor antagonists. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11734258. Accessed 2.27.19
- Understanding Endometriosis and Treatment with a GnRH Agonist. Available at: https://www.abbvie.ca/content/dam/abbviecorp/ca/en/docs/MOA_Brochure_EN.pdf. Accessed 2.27.19
- Küpker1, W., Felberbaum, RE, et al. Use of GnRH antagonists in the treatment of endometriosis. Available at: https://www.rbmojournal.com/article/S1472-6483(10)61590-8/pdf. Accessed 2.27.19
- Dun, E., Taylor, H. Elagolix: a promising oral GnRH antagonist for endometriosis-associated pain. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5725085/. Accessed 2.27.19
- Danazol Prescribing Information. National Institutes of Health. https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/fda/fdaDrugXsl.cfm?setid=f2c9b713-aafc-49ca-866e-334d9b5c2e2d&type=display. Published August 2017. Accessed May 1, 2018.