Health Conditions Connected to Endometriosis
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: June 2018
- Practice Committee of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine. Endometriosis and infertility: A committee opinion. Fertil Steril. Sep 2012; 98(3), 591-8.
- European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology. Women with Endometriosis Need Special Care During Pregnancy to Avoid Risk of Premature Birth. EurekAlert: American Association for the Advancement of Science. https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2009-07/esfh-wwe063009.php. Published July 1, 2009. Accessed March 29, 2018.
- Maggiore ULR, Ferrero S, Mangili G, et al. A systematic review on endometriosis during pregnancy: diagnosis, misdiagnosis, complications and outcomes. Human Reproduction Update. 1 Jan 2016; 22(1), 70-103. Available from: https://academic.oup.com/humupd/article/22/1/70/2457880. Accessed March 29, 2018.
- Wood R, Guidone H, Hummelshoj L. Myths and misconceptions in endometriosis. Endometriosis.org. http://endometriosis.org/resources/articles/myths/. Accessed March 29, 2018.
- Petresin J, Wolf J, Emir S, Muller A, and Boosz AS. Endometriosis-associated maternal pregnancy complications-Case report and literature review. Geburtshilfe Frauenheilkd (English Print). Aug 2016; 76(8), 902-5. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4999325/. Accessed March 29, 2018.
- Schrager S, Falleroni J, Edgoose J. Evaluation and treatment of endometriosis. American Academic of Family Physicians. 2013; 87(2), 107-113. Available from: https://www.aafp.org/afp/2013/0115/p107.pdf. Accessed March 29, 2018.
- Abdominal Adhesions. National Institutes of Health: National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/digestive-diseases/abdominal-adhesions. Published September 2013. Accessed March 29, 2018.
- Abdominal Adhesions. Harvard Health Publishing: Harvard Medical School. https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/abdominal-adhesions-. Published August 2014. Accessed March 29, 2018.
- Hummelshoj L. Adhesions. Endometriosis.org. http://endometriosis.org/endometriosis/adhesions/. Accessed March 29, 2018.
- De Wilde RL, Alvarez J, et al. Adhesions and endometriosis: Challenges in subfertility management (an expert opinion of the ANGEL-The Anti-Adhesions in Gynaecology Expert PaneL-group). Arch of Gynecology and Obstetrics. 19 Feb 2016; 294, 299-301. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4937065/. Accessed March 29, 2018.
- Kokcu A. Relationship between endometriosis and cancer from current perspective. Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics. December 2011; 284(6), 1473-9.
- Ferrandina G, Palluzzi E, Fanfani F, et al. Endometriosis-associated clear cell carcinoma arising in caesarean section scar: a case report and review of the literature. World J Surg Oncol. 3 Dec 2016; 14, 300. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5135835/. Accessed March 30, 2018.
- Tanase Y, Furukawa N, Kobayashi H, Matsumoto T. Malignant transformation from endometriosis to atypical endometriosis and finally to endometrioid adenocarcinoma within 10 years. Case Reports in Oncology. Sept 2013; 6, 480-4. Available from: https://www.karger.com/Article/Fulltext/355282. Accessed March 30, 2018.
- Krawcyzk N, Banys-Paluchowski M, Schmidt D, Ulrich U, Fehm T. Endometriosis-associated malignancy. Geburtshilfe und Frauenheilkunde (English Print). Feb 2016; 76(2), 176-81. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4771509/. Accessed March 30, 2018.
- Anxiety Disorders. National Institutes of Health: National Institute of Mental Health. https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/anxiety-disorders/index.shtml. Published March 2016. Accessed March 30, 2018.
- Depression. National Institutes of Health: National Institute of Mental Health. https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/depression/index.shtml. Published February 2018. Accessed March 30, 2018.
- Facchin F, Barbara G, Dridi D, et al. Mental health in women with endometriosis: Searching for predictors of psychological distress. Human Reproduction. 1 Sept; 32(9), 1855-61.
- Laganà AS, La Rosa VL, Rapisarda AMC, et al. Anxiety and depression in patients with endometriosis: Impact and management challenges. Int J Women's Health. 16 May 2017; 9, 323-30. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5440042/. Accessed March 30, 2018.
- Chen LC, Hsu JW, Huang KL, et al. Risk of developing major depression and anxiety disorders among women with endometriosis: A longitudinal follow-up study. Journal of Affective Disorders. 15 Jan 2016; 190, 282-285.
- Pasoto S, Abrao MS, Bueno C, Viana VST, Bonfa E. Rheumatic clinical manifestations and fibromyalgia in association with endometriosis. Fertility and Sterility. Feb 2002; 77(1), S7.