Herbs and Supplements
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: June 2018
- Milk Thistle. Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. https://ww5.komen.org/BreastCancer/Milk-Thistle.html. Accessed May 20, 2018.
- Laschke MW, Menger MD. The gut microbiota: A puppet master in the pathogenesis of endometriosis? American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Jul 2016; 215(1), 68.e1-68.e4.
- Itoh H, Sashihara T, et al. Lactobacillus gasseri OLL2809 inhibits development of ectopic endometrial cell in peritoneal cavity via activation of NK cells in a murine endometriosis model. Cytotechnology. Mar 2011; 63, 205-210.
- Missmer SA, Chavarro JE, et al. A prospective study of dietary fat consumption and endometriosis risk. Hum Reprod. Jun 2010; 25(6), 1528-35. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2873173/. Accessed May 20, 2018.
- Tomio K, Kawana K, et al. Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids suppress the cystic lesion formation of peritoneal endometriosis in transgenic mouse models. PLOS One. 10 Sept 2013; 8(9), e73085. Available from: http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0073085. Accessed May 20, 2018.
- Attaman JA, Stanic AK, et al. The anti-inflammatory impact of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids during the establishment of endometriosis-like lesions. American Journal of Reproductive Immunology. Oct 2014; 72(4), 392-402.
- Arablou T, Kolahdouz-Mohammadi R. Curcumin and endometriosis: Review on potential roles and molecular mechanisms. Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy. Jan 2018; 97, 91-97.
- Turmeric. National Institutes of Health: National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. https://nccih.nih.gov/health/turmeric/ataglance.htm. Published September 2016. Accessed May 20, 2018.
- Diindolylmethane. Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/integrative-medicine/herbs/diindolylmethane. Published February 18, 2016. Accessed May 20, 2018.
- Vitamin B6. Oregon State University: Linus Pauling Institute-Micronutrient Information Center. http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/vitamins/vitamin-B6. Published June 2014. Accessed May 20, 2018.
- Vitamin B6. National Institutes of Health: Office of Dietary Supplements. https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminB6-HealthProfessional/. Published March 2, 2018. Accessed May 20, 2018.