Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: January 2019
- Parazzini F, Viganò P, Candiani M, Fedele L. Diet and endometriosis risk: A literature review. Reprod Biomed Online. Apr 2013; 26(4), 323-36.
- Jurkiewicz-Przondziono J, Lemm M, et al. Influence of diet on the risk of developing endometriosis. Ginekol Pol. 2017; 88(2), 96-102.
- Endometriosis: Nutrition and Exercise. Center for Young Women's Health. https://youngwomenshealth.org/2012/06/12/endometriosis-nutrition-and-exercise/. Published January 20, 2017. Accessed May 15, 2018.
- Hansen SO, Knudsen UB. Endometriosis, dysmenorrhoea and diet. European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology. July 2013; 169(2), 162-171.
- Parazzini F, Cipriani S, et al. A metaanalysis on alcohol consumption and risk of endometriosis. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Aug 2013; 209(2), 106.e1-e10.
- Gill J. The effects of moderate alcohol consumption on female hormone levels and reproductive function. Alcohol and Alcoholism. 1 Sept 2000; 35(5), 417-23. Available from: https://academic.oup.com/alcalc/article/35/5/417/206575. Accessed May 15, 2018.
- Cox-Henry J. The Doctor Says You Can Have a Cocktail with your Endo. Endometriosis Foundation of America. https://www.endofound.org/this-doctor-says-you-can-have-a-cocktail-with-your-endo. Published March 8, 2018. Accessed May 15, 2018.
- Greenwood B. How Does Caffeine Affect Estrogen Levels? Livestrong.com. https://www.livestrong.com/article/503844-how-does-caffeine-affect-estrogen-levels/. Published October 3, 2017. Accessed May 15, 2018.
- Chiaffarino F, Bravi F, et al. Coffee and caffeine intake and risk of endometriosis: A meta-analysis. European Journal of Nutrition. Oct 2014; 53(7), 1573-9.
- Missmer SA, Chavarro JE, et al. A prospective study of dietary fat consumption and endometriosis risk. Hum Reprod. Jun 2010; 25(6), 1528-35. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2873173/. Accessed May 15, 2018.
- Endometriosis. Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. http://www.pcrm.org/health/health-topics/endometriosis. Accessed May 15, 2018.
- Nodler JL, Harris HR, Chavarro JE, Missmer SA. A prospective study of adolescent dairy consumption and endometriosis risk. Fertility and Sterility. Sept 2013; 100(3), S102.
- Harris HR, Chavarro JE, et al. Dairy-food, calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D intake and endometriosis: A prospective cohort study. Am J Epidemiol. 1 Mar 2013; 177(5), 420-30. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3626048/. Accessed May 15, 2018.
- Trabert B, Peters U, et al. Diet and risk of endometriosis in population-based case-control study. Br J Nutr. Feb 2011; 105(3), 459-67. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3374872/.
- What is Gluten? Celiac Disease Foundation. https://celiac.org/live-gluten-free/glutenfreediet/what-is-gluten/. Accessed May 15, 2018.
- Marziali M Venza M, et al. Gluten-free diet: A new strategy for management of painful endometriosis related symptoms. Minerva Chirurgica. 1 Dec 2012; 67(6), 499-504.
- Marziali M, Capozzolo T. Role of gluten-free diet in the management of chronic pelvic pain of deep infiltrating endometriosis. Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology. Nov-Dec 2015; 22(6), S51-52.