Will Your Daughter Have Endometriosis Too?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Endometriosis.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Vassilopoulou L, et al. Defining the genetic profile of endometriosis. Exp Ther Med. 2019;17(5):3267-3281. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6447774/#b8-etm-0-0-7346. Accessed June 6, 2019.
- Matalliotaki C, et al. Role of FN1 and GREB1 gene polymorphisms in endometriosis. Mol Med Rep. May 2019. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31115525. Accessed June 6, 2019.
- Hansen K, Eyster K. Genetics and Genomics of Endometriosis. Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2010;53(2):403-412. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4346178/. Accessed June 6, 2019.
- Matalliotakis M, et al. Genetic association study in a three-generation family with seven members with endometriosis. Molecular Medicine Reports. August 2017:6077-6080. https://www.spandidos-publications.com/mmr/16/5/6077. Accessed June 6, 2019.
- Campo S, Campo V, Gambadauro P. Is a positive family history of endometriosis a risk factor for endometrioma recurrence after laparoscopic surgery? Reprod Sci. 2014;21(4):526-531. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24026309. Accessed June 6, 2019.
- Zondervan K, et al. Familial aggregation of endometriosis in a large pedigree of rhesus macaques. Hum Reprod. 2004;19(2):448-455. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14747196. Accessed June 6, 2019.