What is Endometriosis?
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: June 2018
- Schrager S, Falleroni J, Edgoose J. Evaluation and treatment of endometriosis. American Academic of Family Physicians. 2013; 87(2), 107-113. Available from: https://www.aafp.org/afp/2013/0115/p107.pdf. Accessed March 17, 2018.
- Endometriosis. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: WomensHealth.gov. https://www.womenshealth.gov/a-z-topics/endometriosis. Published March 16, 2018. Accessed March 17, 2018.
- Endometriosis. Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/endometriosis/symptoms-causes/syc-20354656. Published March 9, 2018. Accessed March 17, 2018.
- Buck Louis GM, Hediger ML, Peterson CM, et al. Incidence of endometriosis by study population and diagnostic method: the ENDO Study. Fertil Steril. Aug 2011; 96(2), 360-365. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3143230/. Accessed March 17, 2018.
- About Endometriosis: Causes. Endometriosis Association of Ireland. http://www.endometriosis.ie/about-endometriosis/causes/. Accessed March 17, 2018.
- Somigliana E, Infantino M, Candiani M, et al. Association rate between deep peritoneal endometriosis and other forms of the disease: Pathogenetic implications. Human Reproduction. Jan 2004; 19(1), 168-71. Available from: https://academic.oup.com/humrep/article/19/1/168/690031. Accessed March 24, 2018.