Raspberry and Almond Porridge
Porridge is a great way to start your day. Not only is it comforting, it’s also filling and provides you with a slow release of energy throughout the day.
This recipe provides you with 1 of your 5 fruit portions a day. It is vegetarian, gluten-free (please check the oats you use, as some may have been processed in the same facilities as other gluten-containing grains) and can be dairy-free if you use an alternative milk.
For a dairy-free version, you could try coconut water instead of the cows milk, or, try half coconut water and half light coconut milk.
Prep and cook time: approx. 5 minutes
Ingredients for raspberry and almond porridge
- 40g porridge oats
- 200ml semi-skimmed milk
- 80g raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1-2tsp clear honey (or to taste)
- 1tsp toasted flaked almonds
Instructions for raspberry and almond porridge
- Put the porridge oats and milk into a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Stir regularly and cook for around 5 minutes, or until the oats have softened and the milk has been absorbed. Add more milk if necessary.
- When the oats have softened, add the raspberries and honey and stir through, lightly crushing the raspberries as you go.
- If your almonds are not already toasted, you can toast them by lightly dry-frying them (with no oil) until golden.
- Serve and add the flaked almonds to garnish.
This recipe has been adapted from the "Eat Well For Less: Quick & Easy Meals" book.
- calories: 328
- fat: 8g
- protein: 12g
- sodium: 0g
- sugar: 25g
Disclaimer: Endometriosis.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you heard about the new tampon technology currently being tested to detect endometriosis?