Instant Lion's Milk
This instant lion's milk recipe gives you an instant boost of energy, to help break through that notorious endometriosis brain fog.
When I quit coffee, I moved on to decaf, but because I’m a sensitive gal, I still found that even decaf coffee was not a friend to my endometriosis, thanks to the small amounts of caffeine left remaining. I still have a decaf coffee from a really good coffee shop a couple of weekends a month, but other than that, my daily cup needs to be gentler on my body.
Yet I still really yearn for that kick, especially when brain fog and fatigue are threatening my morning. Enter my two sidekicks, lion’s mane and cordyceps. These are two mushrooms with some super powers that don’t cause trips – instead, lion’s mane helps to improve cognitive function and cordyceps delivers more oxygen to the brain and body. The result? Feeling focused and energized.
The latte also benefits from the antioxidants found in cacao, the blood sugar balancing benefits of cinnamon, and the liver support from chicory root. This makes our lion’s milk anti-inflammatory and great for healthy hormones. As a final win, the coconut butter (or oil, if you prefer) helps us to absorb some of those fat-soluble nutrients from the cacao and mushrooms.
If you prefer yours a little less chocolaty, try 2 teaspoons of chicory and a ¼ teaspoon of cacao – or be a purest and skip the cacao altogether!
Serves 1. Makes 1 cup
Prep time: 1 minute
Cook time: 3 minutes (or however long it takes your kettle to boil!)
Ingredients for instant lion's milk
- 1¼ teaspoons of organic instant chicory root powder (feel free to add more if you prefer a stronger flavor)
- 1 teaspoon of raw cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon organic lion’s mane mushroom powder
- ¼ teaspoon organic cordyceps powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½-1 teaspoon of coconut butter (warning - your drink will look a little oily once added!)
- Oat milk, to taste (I love Oatly Barista or Oatly Whole)
Directions for instant lion's milk
- Combine the ingredients (other than the milk) into a cup or mug.
- Stir in boiling water, ensuring the cacao and mushrooms are dispersed and not stuck together in lumps.
- Top with oat milk or creamy cashew milk as desired.
If you’re the kind who likes a more creamy morning cup of Joe, pour the mixture into a blender and blitz for 30 seconds until frothy. You could even add hot milk rather than hot water to make it more latte like.
- calories: 73
- fat: 2g
- sodium: 1g
- sugar: 1g
Disclaimer: Endometriosis.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original
Weird Endo Symptom: Have you ever experienced what felt like a vibration in your pelvic region?