Mentoring for Endometriosis
Mentoring can be defined as a positive, supportive relationship which encourages you to reach your fullest potential.
A mentor can be informal or formal and can change depending on your needs. A mentor can be a voice of reason, counsellor, trusted resource, a role model and a coach. A good mentor helps you feel as though you are not alone in tackling everyday challenges. A mentor can also help you to know that you matter.
A quality mentor can have powerful impact on a person’s life, in a variety of personal and professional situations. Mentoring can help improve your personal growth and professional development.
What does a health mentor do?
The role of the mentor is to act as a sounding board and listen objectively. They ask questions that encourage mentees to look at their problems from a different perspective and can help them to solve problems. A mentor will also encourage you to try different strategies they may not have tried before.
A health mentor is someone who is 'in your corner' and is genuinely interested in looking after your health and welfare. They can guide you to create and implement new healthy habits, and to identify and let go of old habits that are not in the best interest of your wellbeing.
What are the benefits of mentoring?
Mentoring can make a profound and positive impact on the lives of mentees which in turn benefits those around them, the economy, and the country. Having a consistent presence of a caring and nurturing health professional in a person’s life can make an enormous difference to a person’s quality of life.
You want to find a mentor that is suited to you. So do your research and understand what they specialize in, and what their experience is like.
Mentoring programs for endometriosis
Meredith East-Powell is an accredited Clinical Nutritionist (BHSc) and qualified Yoga Teacher who offers online mentoring for those with chronic illness. Meredith sees clients from all around the world to help them live healthier and happier lives.
In the 8-week online mentoring program, Meredith offers guidance and support as a nutritionist, yoga teacher, mentor, health coach and also draws on her own personal experience of overcoming chronic illness.
Meredith’s mentoring program includes:
- 1 x 75-minute initial consultation
- 7-day personalized meal plan
- 4 x 45 minute follow up appointments
- Tailored supplement prescription and monitoring
- 30-minute stress/pain management session
- 60-minute personalized yoga session/program
- Access to her private Facebook group
- Ongoing support and communication with weekly email check-ins
Head to Meredith’s website for more details on the program.
How do you know if health mentoring is for you?
- It’s for anyone who wants to learn how to improve their health and manage their condition naturally
- Mentoring is for anyone who feels they need support and guidance to create and maintain healthy habits
- For those who are taking medications or plans to have surgery, but would like to also use complementary therapies
- Anyone who feels there has to be a better solution than taking more pills
Have you ever experienced one or more of these side effects from your hormone therapy?